What You’ll Learn
Learn how to implement an evidence-based model of instructional coaching that shifts the focus from “fixing” teachers to partnering with them to reach goals for student learning. Based on the forthcoming book,The Essential Guide for Student-Centered Coaching, we will examine:
- The philosophy and core practices for Student-Centered Coaching
- Common coaching challenges across grade levels and content areas
- An emphasis on how coaching can be asset-based and focused on equity
- Current research in adult learning and professional development
- Examples of how to integrate curriculum into coaching cycles
- Anecdotes that illustrate what Student-Centered Coaching looks like in practice
Session 1: Why Student-Centered Coaching Matters
Session 2: Coaching Cycles: An Essential Practice
Session 3: Understanding our Impact
Session 4: Student-Centered Coaching Conversations
Session 5: Building a Culture Where Student-Centered Coaching Thrives
Session 6: Systems to Make Student-Centered Coaching Happen
Session 7: Supporting and Evaluating Coaches
Session 8: Putting it All Together
Pilot Taught by Diane and Her Team
$395 per person | Launches in May 2020
Before we officially launch the course, we are engaging in a pilot process to receive feedback and make revisions. In this way, we intend to offer a fully developed course that creates the best learning for participants.
The pilot is offered at a reduced rate as the course is in the beta testing stage and participants will be providing us with feedback along the way. This option is limited to 20 participants and will take place between May 4, 2020 and June 26, 2020. Each session involves approximately 2-3 hours of reading, collaboration, coursework. An additional commitment is to provide feedback to the course designer throughout the sessions.
Learning Cohort taught by Diane and Her Team
$995 per person | Launches in August 2020
This includes eight sessions of online learning that will be taught by Diane and her team. This option is well suited for individuals and teams. Each session involves approximately 2-3 hours of reading, collaboration, and coursework.
Self Paced Course
$495 per person | Launches in August 2020
All you need to do is log in and move through the eight sessions at your own pace. This option is well suited for individuals and teams. Each session involves approximately 2-3 hours of reading, collaboration, and coursework.
How to Register
The pilot will take place between May 4, 2020 and June 26, 2020. If you are interested in applying, we will be selecting participants with the following characteristics. Participants will be notified of their selection by no later than April 11, 2020.
- Are in the early stages of implementing Student-Centered Coaching
- Can commit to complete the eight sessions
- Will take a reflective stance and share how the course is supporting them as a learner
- Will engage in 45 minute webinars with Diane Sweeney during weeks 2, 5, and 8 of the course.
Apply to participate in the pilot and/or join our mailing list to receive information as the courses launch.