2nd Annual Student-Centered Coaching Conference
Hosted by the University of Wisconsin in Madison, WI
June 12-13, 2017
Presented by Diane Sweeney, best selling author of
Student-Centered Coaching K-8 (Sweeney)
Student-Centered Coaching at the Secondary Level (Sweeney)
Student-Centered Coaching: The Moves (Sweeney & Harris, 2016)
Also presenting from our team: Leanna Harris
Our June 2017 Madison conference is sold out. Join the waitlist below for information on future conferences. Thank you!
Please join us in Madison, WI on June 12-13, 2017 to learn more about Student-Centered Coaching, a model for coaching that maintains a laser-like focus on students, is driven by data, and is established within a culture of learning. By focusing coaching on student learning – rather than on fixing teachers – a coach can make a measurable impact on both student learning and teaching practice.
The conference will focus on: Core Practices for Student-Centered Coaching; Common Barriers to Success with Student-Centered Coaching; and, Dialogue and Discourse within Coaching Conversations. There will also be a panel discussion with coaches and leaders who are implementing Student-Centered Coaching in their own districts.
New this year! Registration will include a copy of our newest book, Student-Centered Coaching: The Moves (Sweeney & Harris, 2016). This will provide a brand new collection of lessons from the field, tools, and practices. We will also offer afternoon concurrent sessions that will be hosted by guest presenters.
Links to the Agenda and Concurrent Sessions
- K-12 Instructional Coaches
- School Leaders
- District Leaders
- Curriculum Specialist
- Teacher Leaders.
- Learn how to use the core practices for Student-Centered Coaching
- Attend concurrent sessions that focus on how coaching is being implemented across the US and beyond
- Explore techniques for dialogue and discourse within coaching cycles
- Learn how to move past predictable barriers for achieving your goals for coaching
- Learn strategies for engaging teachers in the coaching effort
- Receive tools for note taking and documentation of coaching cycles
REGISTRATION FEE: $355 per person for the two-day conference. Includes continental breakfast and lunch both days.
LOCATION: University of Wisconsin-Madison at the Fluno Center: 601 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53715.
DATE: June 12-13, 2017
PARKING: Lot 83 can be accessed from Frances Street. Parking is $12.00 for a full day of parking. Please take a ticket from the automated parking system upon entering and pay at either the pay station by the elevator or the pay station at the exit. (Link to parking map and options)
BEFORE YOU REGISTER: Please make sure you have all of the following information for each participant you are registering: first and last name, email address, district or organization name, role or title, grade level, and concurrent session choice for each participant for both days.
PAYING BY PO/CHECK?: If you are registering with a PO and paying by check please complete the registration process and then email your purchase order to: email@example.com. Please make checks payable to “Diane Sweeney Consulting.” If you need our W-9 or have any questions please email Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LODGING, TRANSPORTATION, and TRAVEL
- Lodging: Special rate for conference participants at The Fluno Center – $139 per night – participants should make their own reservations (link to make hotel reservations)
- Flying to the Conference: Fly into Dane County Regional Airport (MSN) in Madison which is about 20-25 minutes by car/uber/taxi to the Fluno Center. The Milwaukee (MKE) airport is 1.5 hours from Madison via car. O’hare/Chicago (ORD) is 2.5 hours from Madison via car.
- Getting Around: The conference and hotel are in the same location: The Fluno Center. The UW-Madison area is very walkable so if you’re flying into Madison you won’t need a rental car. It’s about a $20-$30 uber/taxi ride from the MSN airport to The Fluno Center.
- Departing after the Conference: The conference ends at 3:00 p.m. on day 2 – please plan your departing flight accordingly.
- University of Wisconsin & Madison Info – find more information about UW and Madison (links).
- Important note: space for the conference is limited so please be sure you register for the conference before making travel and hotel reservations.
QUESTIONS?: email Dan@dianesweeney.com or call him at 303-809-6816.