5th Annual Student-Centered Coaching Conference
Hosted by Regis University in Denver, Colorado
May 22-23, 2017
Presented by Diane Sweeney, best selling author of
Student-Centered Coaching K-8 (Sweeney)
Student-Centered Coaching at the Secondary Level (Sweeney)
Student-Centered Coaching: The Moves (Sweeney & Harris, 2016)
Also presenting from our team: Leanna Harris and Julie Wright
Please join us in Denver, CO on May 22-23, 2017 to learn more about Student-Centered Coaching, a model for coaching that maintains a laser-like focus on students, is driven by data, and is established within a culture of learning. By focusing coaching on student learning – rather than on fixing teachers – a coach can make a measurable impact on both student learning and teaching practice.
The conference will focus on: Core Practices for Student-Centered Coaching; Common Barriers to Success with Student-Centered Coaching; and, Dialogue and Discourse within Coaching Conversations. There will also be a panel discussion with coaches and leaders who are implementing Student-Centered Coaching in their own districts. (AGENDA)
New this year! Registration will include a copy of our newest book, Student-Centered Coaching: The Moves (Sweeney & Harris, 2016). This will provide a brand new collection of lessons from the field, tools, and practices. We will also offer afternoon concurrent sessions that will be hosted by guest presenters.
Links to the Agenda and Concurrent Sessions
- K-12 Instructional Coaches
- School Leaders
- District Leaders
- Curriculum Specialist
- Teacher Leaders.
- Learn how to use the core practices for Student-Centered Coaching
- Attend concurrent sessions that focus on how coaching is being implemented across the US and beyond
- Explore techniques for dialogue and discourse within coaching cycles
- Learn how to move past predictable barriers for achieving your goals for coaching
- Learn strategies for engaging teachers in the coaching effort
- Receive tools for note taking and documentation of coaching cycles
REGISTRATION FEE: $355 per person for the two-day conference. Includes continental breakfast and lunch both days.
LOCATION: Regis University in the Mountain View Room, 3333 Regis Blvd, Denver, CO 80221 (Bldg C on this Map-pdf)
DATE: May 22-23, 2017
PARKING: Lot #4 off of Lowell Blvd at the northwest corner of the campus (Parking Map-pdf)
BEFORE YOU REGISTER: Please make sure you have all of the following information for each participant you are registering: first and last name, email address, district or organization name, role or title, grade level, and concurrent session choice for each participant for both days.
PAYING BY PO/CHECK?: If you are registering with a PO and paying by check please complete the registration process and then email your purchase order to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make checks payable to “Diane Sweeney Consulting.” If you need our W-9 or have any questions please email Dan at email@example.com.
LODGING, TRANSPORTATION, and TRAVEL
- Hotels: Participants are responsible for their own hotel arrangements. Here are some options and recommendations:
- Downtown Denver has many hotel options and is 15-20 minutes to Regis University. Here are some options: Aloft, Courtyard Marriott, or Hotel Monaco.
- The Stapleton area is east of downtown Denver and is 20-25 minutes to Regis University. This Hilton Doubletree is a good option in the Stapleton area.
- North Denver – this Westin in north Denver (Westminster) is 20-25 minutes to Regis University. It’s between Denver and Boulder.
- West Denver – If you are driving from the mountains via I-70, this Denver Marriott West is a convenient location. It’s 15-20 minutes to Regis University.
- Rental Car: If you are flying in and out of Denver we recommend renting a car.
- Denver International Airport: If you are flying out of Denver immediately after the conference on day 2, DIA is 35-45 minutes from Regis University. DIA is a large and busy airport, please plan your departure time accordingly. The conference ends at 3:00 pm on day 2.
QUESTIONS?: email Dan@dianesweeney.com or call him at 303-809-6816.