Join authors Diane Sweeney and Leanna Harris for this two-day workshop which will extend on the basics by focusing on how to systematically use student-centered coaching to meet your school and district goals. Learning will be differentiated based on the following strands:
The coaching strand will take the core practices for student-centered coaching into deeper implementation. Participants will learn:
- Methods for pushing towards greater impact through coaching conversations
- Coaching moves that lead to transfer of learning among teachers and students
- Techniques for engaging in rigorous dialogue and discourse with teachers
- Strategies to take coaching deeper throughout a school
The leadership strand will focus on the essential moves for leading a coaching effort. This strand applies to school and district leaders. Participants will learn:
- Strategies for setting expectations for teacher engagement in coaching
- Strategies for aligning coaching with the school improvement plan
- Techniques for defining (and holding onto) the role of the coach
- Methods for evaluating and supporting the development of your coaching team
Recommended Audience: K-12 Instructional Coaches, School Leaders, District Leaders, Curriculum Coordinators, and Professional Developers.
Agenda: link to agenda
Note: While we encourage principals and coaches to attend the workshop together, it is not necessary. We understand that this is a busy time of year.
Registration: Price of workshop is $399 per person which will include a student-centered coaching book of your choice and lunch both days.
Location: University of Denver (Denver, CO)
Lodging: We recommend staying at this Courtyard Cherry Creek in Denver
Presenters: Diane Sweeney and Leanna Harris will be presenting this two-day workshop.
Question? email Dan anytime at: firstname.lastname@example.org