Join authors Diane Sweeney and Leanna Harris for this two-day workshop which will extend on the basics by focusing on how to systematically use student-centered coaching to meet your school and district goals. Learning will be differentiated based on the following strands:
The coaching strand will take the core practices for student-centered coaching into deeper implementation. Participants will learn:
- Methods for pushing towards greater impact through coaching conversations
- Coaching moves that lead to transfer of learning among teachers and students
- Techniques for engaging in rigorous dialogue and discourse with teachers
- Strategies to take coaching deeper throughout a school
The leadership strand will focus on the essential moves for leading a coaching effort. This strand applies to school and district leaders. Participants will learn:
- Strategies for setting expectations for teacher engagement in coaching
- Strategies for aligning coaching with the school improvement plan
- Techniques for defining (and holding onto) the role of the coach
- Methods for evaluating and supporting the development of your coaching team
Recommended Audience: K-12 Instructional Coaches, School Leaders, District Leaders, Curriculum Coordinators, and Professional Developers.
Agenda: link to agenda
Note: While we encourage principals and coaches to attend the workshop together, it is not necessary. We understand that this is a busy time of year.
Registration: Early discounted registration begins on April 1, 2019. Price is $430 per person for early registrations (by April 19, 2019). Price is $475 for registrations after April 19, 2019. All registrations include breakfast and lunch both days.
Location: University of Denver (Denver, CO)
Presenters: Diane Sweeney, Leanna Harris, and Brooke O’Drobinak will be presenting this two-day workshop.
Cancellation Policy: Up until one month prior to the first day of the workshop, you may cancel and receive a refund minus 20% of the registration fee. Within 30 days of the workshop, if a participant cannot attend, you may transfer the registration to a different person, but refunds will not be given.
Question? email or call Dan anytime at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-809-6816