Join authors Diane Sweeney and Leanna Harris for this two-day workshop which will extend on the basics by focusing on how to systematically use student-centered coaching to meet your school and district goals. Learning will be differentiated based on the following strands:
The coaching strand will take the core practices for student-centered coaching into deeper implementation. Participants will learn:
- Methods for pushing towards greater impact through coaching conversations
- Coaching moves that lead to transfer of learning among teachers and students
- Techniques for engaging in rigorous dialogue and discourse with teachers
- Strategies to take coaching deeper throughout a school
The leadership strand will focus on the essential moves for leading a coaching effort. This strand applies to school and district leaders. Participants will learn:
- Strategies for setting expectations for teacher engagement in coaching
- Strategies for aligning coaching with the school improvement plan
- Techniques for defining (and holding onto) the role of the coach
- Methods for evaluating and supporting the development of your coaching team
Recommended Audience: K-12 Instructional Coaches, School Leaders, District Leaders, Curriculum Coordinators, and Professional Developers.
Dates: June 4-5, 2020
Location: University of Denver Campus in Denver, CO
Agenda: Coming soon.
Note: While we encourage principals and coaches to attend the workshop together, it is not necessary. We understand that this is a busy time of year.
Registration: Early discounted registration begins on January 29, 2020. Price is $445 per person for early registrations (by February 14, 2020). Price is $475 for registrations after February 14, 2020. All registrations include breakfast and lunch both days.
Books: All participants will receive a copy of The Essential Guide for Student-Centered Coaching (Corwin, 2020) as part of their registration.
Presenters: Diane Sweeney and Leanna Harris will be presenting this two-day workshop.
Question? email or call Dan anytime at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-809-6816.