Two Day Workshop on Student-Centered Coaching
University of Denver on August 28-29, 2017
Presented by Diane Sweeney and Leanna Harris
Student-Centered Coaching K-8 (Sweeney, 2010)
Student-Centered Coaching at the Secondary Level (Sweeney, 2013)
Student-Centered Coaching: The Moves (Sweeney & Harris, 2016)
Please join us in Denver, CO on August 28-29, 2017 to learn how you can use student-centered coaching to meet your school and district goals. This workshop will include the following strands:
The coaching strand will focus on the core practices for student-centered coaching. This strand applies to K-12 instructional coaches.
Coaches will learn:
- How to design coaching to be outcomes and standards-based
- Techniques for dialogue and discourse
- Strategies to help organize their day-to-day coaching work.
The leadership strand will focus on the essential moves for leading a coaching effort. This strand applies to school and district leaders.
Leaders will learn:
- Strategies for setting expectations for teacher engagement in coaching cycles
- How to evaluate a coach’s work
- Strategies for moving forward with a clear plan for school improvement that embeds student-centered coaching.
Note: Coaches are welcome to attend this strand as individuals, as a team, or with their principal.
Recommended Workshop Audience: K-12 Instructional Coaches, School Leaders, and District Leaders.
Note: While we encourage principals and coaches to attend the workshop together, it is not necessary. We understand that this is a busy time of year.
REGISTRATION FEE: $355 per person for the two-day workshop. Includes continental breakfast and lunch both days.
LOCATION: University of Denver in Ruffatto Hall, 1999 E. Evans Ave., Denver, CO 80208.
DATE: August 28-29, 2017.
PARKING: Please park in one of the following lots: 316W, 316E, or 302 – green lots (red and yellow parking lots are permit only). Please refer to this campus parking map for green lot locations. All green lot parking spaces on the University of Denver campus require payment.
BOOKS: Registration will include a copy of our newest book, Student-Centered Coaching: The Moves (Sweeney & Harris, 2016). This will provide a brand new collection of lessons from the field, tools, and practices.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER: Please make sure you have all of the following information for each participant you are registering: first and last name, email address, district or organization name, role or title, and grade level.
PAYING BY PO/CHECK?: If you are registering with a PO and paying by check please complete the registration process and then email your purchase order to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make checks payable to “Diane Sweeney Consulting.” If you need our W-9 or have any questions please email Dan at email@example.com.
LODGING, TRANSPORTATION, and TRAVEL
- Lodging: We recommend staying at the Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek which is about two miles from campus.
- Rental Car: If you are flying in and out of Denver International Airport (DIA) we recommend renting a car.
- Departing after the conference: If you are flying out of Denver immediately after the conference on day 2, DIA is 35-45 minutes from the University of Denver campus. DIA is a large and busy airport, please plan your departure time accordingly. The conference ends at 3:00 pm on day 2.
- Important note: Space for the conference is limited so please be sure to register for the conference before making travel and hotel reservations.
QUESTIONS?: email Dan@dianesweeney.com or call him at 303-809-6816.